Quebec, a Canadian province, has autonomy when it comes to immigration. But unlike the other regions, they don’t offer the Provincial Nominee Program (PNP). Instead, Quebec has a differently designed immigration program to identify and determine proficient immigrants who will help the province’s overall advancement.
Quebec Skilled Worker Program (QSWP) or the Quebec Experience Program helps international students and experienced immigrants relocate and work in Montreal or any other city in the Quebec province.
Eligibility Criteria to Apply under Quebec Skilled Worker Program
There are nine factors where the eligibility criteria of the immigrants will be checked under the QSWP.
A minimum of 50 points is required for a single applicant to apply. In the case of the immigrant applying along with a spouse or common-law partner, 59 issues are obligatory. The total point score is 1320. The Human Capital Factor Carries 580 points, and Quebec Labour Market carries 740 points.
The points can be calculated via the Quebec Skilled Worker Immigration points calculator and Canada CRS calculator to learn the score based on the incoming Quebec Immigration Regulation.
Factors to be considered-
- Work Experience
- Knowledge of French and English
- Validate job offer
- Stay and family in Quebec
- Spouse’s characteristics
- Presence of children
- Ability to be financially independent
Quebec Immigration Skilled Workers Program Selection Factors
- Education – up to 4 points where the cutoff score is 2 points.
- Area of Training- up to 12 points
(Level of work training is vital for the selection procedure)
- Validate job offer- up to 14 points
(A workable job offer from a Quebec employer is obligatory)
- Work experience- up to 8 points
(Relevant experience of 5 years from the date of submission is needed)
- Age- up to 10 points
- Knowledge of language- 22 points
- Quebec connection- 22 points
- spouse/joint law partner characteristics-17 points
- Presence of accompanying children- 8 points
- Financial sufficiency- 1 point
Factor 1: Education
|General Diploma from Secondary School||2|
|Vocational Diploma from Secondary School||6|
|General Diploma from Post-secondary school certifying to 2 years of full-time studies||4|
|Technical Diploma from Post-secondary school certifying to 1 to 2 years of full-time studies||6|
|Technical Diploma from Post-secondary school certifying to 3 years of full-time studies||8|
|Undergraduate diploma certifying to at least 1 year of full-time studies||4|
|Undergraduate diploma certifying to at least two years of full-time studies||6|
|Undergraduate diploma certifying to at least 3 years of full-time studies||10|
Factor 2: Training Areas
|Section E, F, or G||0|
Factor 3: Validate employment offer
|Family in Quebec|
|Verified employment offer in the Montreal metropolitan area||8|
|Verified employment offer outside the Montreal metropolitan area||10|
Factor 4: Work Experience
|Experience (in months)||Score|
|Less than 6||0|
|6 to 11||4|
|12 to 23||4|
|24 to 35||6|
|36 to 47||6|
|More than 48||8|
Factor 5: Age
|Age (in years)||Score|
|18 to 35||16|
|More than 43||0|
Factor 6: Language Proficiency Points
B2- High intermediate
Factor 7: Stay and Family in Quebec
|Full-time study/ full-time work for at least 3 months||5|
|Full-time study/ full-time work for at least 6 months||5|
|Participant in Working Holiday Visa Program, having work experience for more than 3 months||5|
|Others stay which is between 2 weeks and 3 months||1|
|Other stays for more than 3 months||2|
|Family in Quebec|
|Son/ daughter, father/ mother, brother/ sister||3|
|Uncle/ aunt, nephew/ niece, cousin||0|
Factor 8: Spouse/Common-law partner characteristics include-
Educational level, spouses’ area of Training, spouses’ age, spouses’ language proficiency
Factor 9: Presence of accompanying children
|Children’s Age||Score (for each child)|
|12 or less||4|
|13 to 19||2|
Factor 10: Financial Self-Sufficiency
|Making a contract||1|
- Processing time and the cost for Quebec Skilled Workers Program
The processing time depends on market demand and the candidate’s ability. The average processing time is around 13 months, given all the documents submitted are authentic.
- Processing cost
- Primary candidate- CAD 825
- Secondary candidate- CAD 225
- Dependent child (each)- CAD 225
- Documents required for Quebec Immigration Program
- Financial self-sufficiency contract.
- Photocopy of birth certificate.
- Passport size photocopy of the family members accompanying to Quebec.
- Documentation carrying the proof of self-employment or working under contract.
- If the child is below 18 years and will be accompanying one parent to Quebec, the other parent’s consent is needed.
- Photocopies of certificates- TEF, TEFAQ, TEF Canada, TCF, TCFQ, DELF
- Photocopy of IELTS certificate to qualify under Canada CRS Calculator
Candidates looking to settle down in other provinces other than Montreal can apply to immigrate to Canada through the Express Entry Program. Read more About Tech Buzz Only.