With the world rapidly revolutionizing, human beings are also advancing in the field of health and medical studies. Like many other fields existing, BHMS is also a sub field of medicine.
BHMS Full Form is Bachelor of Homeopathic Medicine and Surgery.
What is BHMS
According to BHMS full form, it is an academic degree course at the bachelor’s level, which deals with the homeopathic section of the medical sector. The duration of this course is almost equal to MBBS which is 4 to 5 years. And also for appearing on the test for this course students are required to meet certain eligibility criteria provided by the government.
The eligibility criteria generally varies college-wise or before second year or twelfth, but the basic requirement for all the candidates, willing to pursue this course, is scoring at least 50% aggregate marks in their matric and inter level exams. Also, candidates should be 17 years of age at the time of the admission.
Duration of the BHMS Course
BHMS full form will tell you the importance of the course. It has a duration of about four or five years. Out of these, the candidate has to study for about 4 years and 6 months. After the completion of this period, he also has to do an internship for about 1 year.
Is BHMS Better than MBBS?
MBBS deals with the allopathic sector in the medical science. BHMS is a study of treatment with herbs or natural resources or according to BHMS full form in medicine it is a sector that studies homeopathy. But MBBS is superior and preferred by all.
Is BHMS a Good Career Option?
A candidate with a BHMS (Bachelor of Homeopathic Medicine and Surgery) degree is eligible to be called a doctor and to start a practice or a clinic privitaly. He or she could also work as a professor, teacher or lecturer at homeopathic universities and medical colleges. A large number of people are dissatisfied with allopathic medicine which is another reason for people turning towards homeopathic treatment.
Read also: NCB Full Form: What is the full form of NCB? Explained
What is the Salary of BHMS Doctors?
A homeopathic doctor’s salary compared to an MBBS doctor is not good. In the government sectors the salary ranges are also quite low, while in private sectors, the salary range doubles.
BHMS Eligibility Criteria
The eligibility requirements of BHMS are mentioned below:
- The candidate should have scored an aggregate of 50% in 10th and 12th with Physics/Chemistry/Biology and Mathematics as the core subjects.
- The candidate should have scored the required marks in the entrance exam taken by the required university
- The candidate should be at least 17 years old.
Skills Required for Completing the BHMS Course
A candidate willing to pursue the course must understand the BHMS full form in the medical sector. Some of the required skills are
- Interest in using homeopathic remedies..
- Having the ability to work under pressure.
- Helpful attitude towards others, especially patients who need it.
- Power to observe patients.
- Ability to solve complex issues easily.
- Good communication skills.
Specializations in BHMS
A BHMS pass out has several options that he or she can choose from. Some of these are Pediatrics, Infertility, Psychiatry, Skin Specialist etc. Since the specialization in the field effect the career directly, one should take the career selection seriously
Career Opportunities After BHMS
A candidate that has passed the BHMS course has an extremely bright future ahead of him. He can get a job in various government hospitals, private hospitals, NGOs, pharmaceutical companies, etc. and most of the pass out graduates that are famous for new cures are Homeopathic Consultant, Homeopathic Doctor, Pharmacist, etc.
HMS Admission 2022
The application window for the BHMS course, for the 2022 session , is now open at several colleges. The registration process for this course generally starts from the January month, and the last date to apply for this course is at the end of April.
- Candidates may have to sit for the entrance, based on the college, they fill the application form and take a personal interview round.
- The governing authority will assess the skills and abilities of the candidates.
- Candidates clearing these rounds are likely to appear for the counseling round.
- Also, candidates need to get at least 50% aggregate marks in their matric and intermediate exams to apply for this course, in India, and they should not be more than 17 years at the time of admission.
BHMS Application Deadlines
The application deadline for the BHMS course admission is in April. The application window started in January.
BHMS full form in medical is Bachelor of Homeopathic Medicine and Surgery as mentioned earlier. From the above sections, you can also get an idea about the duration of the course, skills needed to get the degree and eligibility criteria of the candidates appearing for the course. From this information it is clear that the BHMS course is one of the best in India at the moment.
Read more interesting articles at Tech Buzz Only
Leave a Reply