Curly hair is associated with a negative, unfounded stereotype that it is unprofessional. We’ve heard too many firsthand examples of women being advised that if they don’t straighten or “fix” their hair, they’ll lose promotions or their jobs.
These instances are much too often, and we’re here to tell you that natural curly hairstyles are just as professional as any other texture! Don’t believe us? Check out these stunning professional hairstyles for naturally curly hair. You can flaunt these styles with human hair extensions or your god-given natural curls!
1. Gorgeous Curly Topknot Style
For this gorgeous topknot style, you don’t need to pull it back into an extremely tight and smooth J.Lo-style bun to redefine the topknot. Instead, choose a more casual look, this way, you can still see your curls.
The greatest thing about this hairstyle is that you won’t be left with stretched-out curls with a dent when you take this topknot hairstyle down. Use sew in weft hair extensions to make your topknot bun look thicker and fuller!
This office-friendly topknot is a modern take on the classic bun. You won’t even have to wash your curls the following day for a new style because there won’t be any dents or stretched curls!
To recreate this gorgeous back to work style:
- Begin by spritzing your curls softly. When you take the hairstyle out, this will assist prevent dents.
- Apply a light application of non-flaky hairspray along your hairline.
- Rub pomade between your hands and apply the styling cream to your curls.
- Turn your head upside down and scoop up your curls at the crown of your head with care. Make sure you’re not raking your fingers through your hair, as this may disturb your curls– and remember, you’re trying for a beautiful, breezy look!
- Tying a knot with your curls and bind it with a low-tension hair tie. Insert the ends of your hair into the knot with a few bobby pins.
- Once the curly topknot is secured, go over with a small brush (or a clean toothbrush) to control flyaways.
2. Deep Side-Parted Hairstyle For 4C hair
If you have hair that is falls under 4C texture, this deep side-parted style will help you fully embrace rather than fight your texture. This style shows off your beautiful natural texture while keeping it pinned back and out of the way. You can use curly clip in hair extensions to achieve a voluminous look!
Use these steps to achieve this deep side-parted hairstyles:
- Make a deep side part by taking a short section of hair over to the top of your ear.
- To smooth the roots back, detangle your natural hair and comb them back with a boar bristle brush.
- Twist the two sections and pin them back together, letting the ends loose.
- Take a 3-inch chunk above the opposite ear and twirl it up and away from the face to create an undercut appearance. Use bobby pins to secure that section and apply pomade to smooth down the roots. Use golden bobby pins as they are a wonderful way to liven up your hairstyle.
- Install a few pieces of curly clip-in hair extensions to add extra volume to your deep side-parted 4c hairstyle!
3. Twist Hairstyle For Short Hair
It can be difficult to style your hair towards the back of your head if it is dense and tight in texture. However, if you have a decent cut and form, you can wash and go your hair and concentrate your grooming efforts on the hair surrounding your face. This twist hairstyle is a phenomenal option if you transition from sew-in hair extensions.
Follow these steps to achieve this office-friendly hairstyles in 10 minutes:
- First, lightly coat your fingertips with a silky pomade product to prevent shorter strands from sticking out when you twist your hair.
- Make a tidy part with the sharp tip of a rat tail comb- this is crucial to make this hairstyle tidy and professional.
- Take a 3-inch portion from the hairline to behind the ear. To avoid appearing like a kid’s flat twist hairstyle, draw your 3-inch triangle segment.
- Spin the part upwards and instead of twisting your hair with your hands, bring them behind your head and draw the hair back. It’s a lot simpler this way!
- Create a portion on the other side and take a 3-inch part from the hairline to directly behind the ear, then repeat the step above for the other ear. Use bobby pins to twist this part to the top of the head.
- Apply a layer of oil to the tips to keep them looking hydrated!
4. Curly Low Ponytail Hairstyle
Did you think we forgot about the classic low curly ponytail hairstyle? We all know ponytail hairstyles are great for every occasion, and work is no different. A curly low ponytail hairstyle will swiftly turn you into a chic boss!
Whether you have sew-in or curly tape-in hair extensions installed, you can achieve this office-appropriate style in no time!
Follow these steps to recreate this easy ponytail style with curly tape-in hair extensions:
- Brush your curly tape-in hair extensions from ends to tips and once you’re done, choose a parting.
- Get a bit of styling gel on your fingertips and lightly coat your strands with it. Grab your brush and push the edges back to achieve a neat hairline.
- Grab and secure your hair with a low-tension hair tie. To produce a volume-packed appearance, tease the loose section.
- Use a couple of golden bobby pins to add oomph to your curly ponytail style.
5. Braided Low Side Bun Hairstyle
The best curly hairstyle for work is this braided low-side bun. It’s elegant, sophisticated, and professional. The thick braid gives dimension to the hairdo while also concealing the hair tie that secures the curly bun.
The style is perfect for long corporate hours because the bun will stay in place throughout the day.
To recreate this look:
- Part your curly hair and detangle it with a wide-tooth comb.
- Use a bit of styling gel along the hairline and brush it back.
- Apply a bit of hair mousse to your hair– remember not to rake your fingers!
- Take a section and create a simple side braid and gather it with the rest of your hair.
- Secure the entire thing into a low braided bun.
- Set everything in place with a styling spray to set the look.
6. Curly Pineapple Hairstyle
A pineapple hairstyle is every curly girl’s favorite! What’s not to love about this stunning look?
The pineapple style creates a stunning pile of curls on top of your head when done right! The best part is that it’s easy, and there’s no way to screw up the style.
To create the perfect pineapple style for work:
- Make a high ponytail with your hair by combing it and gathering it. Cover the ponytail with a silk scrunchie.
- Part of your curls should fall on one side and part of it on the other side. If the scrunchie slips a little, don’t worry—you will still cover your curls.
- Apply styling cream to your curly hair or human hair extensions to define the curls.
Your curly hair will no longer be associated with unfounded stereotypes with the gorgeous hairstyles listed above! Show up to your work looking like a boss, whether you are wearing sew-in, curly clip-in hair extensions, or curly tape-in hair extensions!
So, if you are looking to purchase exquisite extensions, look for sew-in hair extensions near me or go to True Glory Hair. They provide an incredible selection of virgin Brazilian bundles, wigs, extensions, and more at affordable prices!