The prostate is an organ that is found only in males. The prostate gland is said to be found right under the urinary bladder. It is nearly the size of a walnut but can be much more significant in older men. Prostate cancer experienced robotic prostate surgeon near me starts when cells in the prostate gland start growing uncontrollably. Most prostate malignancies grow very slowly; some may spread quickly. This can be such slow-growing cancer that many men never feel the effects of cancer during their lifetimes unless diagnosed first.
The exact reason for prostate cancer is unknown, but researchers believe certain risk factors cause the prostate cells to turn cancerous. In straightforward terms, prostate cancer is caused when the DNA of a normal prostate cell changes. Such changes in a person’s DNA can be inherited at birth or acquired during their lifetime.
Nearly each prostate cancer is categorized as ‘adenocarcinomas,’ which develop from the prostate gland cells responsible for the prostate fluid that becomes part of the semen. One can find these three types of prostate cancer, but one should also keep in mind that they are rare too:
- Small cell prostate carcinomas
- Transitional cell prostate carcinomas
- Neuroendocrine tumors
What does mean by robotic prostate surgery?
Till just some years ago, the only surgery choice for men diagnosed with prostate cancer was open prostatectomy, which involved large incisions and many post-operative complications and complaints. However, robotic surgery was introduced because of these modern technological advances, and its applications included radical prostatectomy. Robot-assisted prostatectomy done using state-of-the-art systems such as the ‘da Vinci Surgical System’ has gained immense popularity in the last several years, and with good reason. Robotic radical prostate surgery has proven to be a safe, less traumatic, and effective type of minimally invasive surgery.
An Cirujano de próstata robótico con experiencia cerca de mí en Costa Rica is a minimal intrusion surgery for prostate cancer done with the help of robotic surgical systems called a robotic prostatectomy. Such a process effectively combines the human insights and expertise of an experienced surgeon with the precision of controlled robotic instruments. And the result of this type of procedure offers several benefits compared to open or non-robotic prostatectomy procedures.
The advantages of a robotic prostate cancer surgery are as follows:
- The surgeon performs robotic surgery sitting at his console and controls the robot’s hand while looking into its vision system. The OT nurse standing next to the console generally handled any changes needed to the instrument during the surgery.
- Advanced surgical site visualization with the mobile camera system provides a three-dimensional, magnified view, thus allowing precise prostate removal.
- The procedure provides the advantages of minimally invasive surgery while sparing nerves to preserve sexual potency and sparing continence to preserve urinary control.
- The automatic extensions are free, precise, delicate, and have no tremors or tremors.
- Quicker returning to regular activity for one to two weeks and work for two to three weeks.
Although robot-assisted prostatectomy surgery’s reaction depends on the body’s inherent characteristics and the patient’s medical condition, compared to medical imaging radical prostatectomy, robot-assisted radical prostatectomy is associated with lower complications and higher potency rates in males.
Why should one choose this type of surgery instead of the traditional one?
Prostate cancer incision is major surgery. For the best possible results, it is essential to choose a center with state-of-the-art robotic surgery facilities, expert robotic neurosurgeons, and a health care team experienced in performing successful radical prostatectomy. Additionally, it might also be essential to ensure that the hospital has the necessary infrastructure like diagnostics, pharmacy, OT, and ICUs to support the pre-operative and post-operative needs.