You need to visit the EPFO Unified Portal to activate your UAN number. When your UAN is generated, it needs to be activated. By following a few easy steps you can do UAN activation at home. How does it help you? When you activate your UAN, you can log in to your account and manage the withdrawals, balance, etc. online. With everything being digital now it has become a necessity. So, instead of going to the branch office for PF account management, do the same by yourself by UAN Activation. Read the page below to know more about this online process.
What is the UAN Activation Process?
To activate your UAN number, you need to visit the Unified Portal Member. You can do the same either on your smartphone or laptop. Afterward, follow the steps shown below –
- Select “Activate UAN”, this button is present on the right side of the screen under the “Important Links” banner
- Provide your UAN number, name, date of birth, email ID, and mobile number
- After that, click on the “Get Authorization Pin” button
- Enter the OTP you have received on your mobile number
- Click on ‘Validate OTP’
- This way the mobile number will get registered with your EPF account
- Upon UAN activation, a password is sent to your registered mobile number
- When your mobile number is registered with the UAN, from now on, you’ll receive all SMS communications from EPFO
- Plus you can get several services online as well as through the SMS service of the Umang app
What EPF Services Are Available Post UAN Activation?
Now that you have activated your UAN, you can avail of the following services –
Short Code SMS Service
UAN Activated, know your PF contribution and do the balance by sending an SMS at 7738299899 from your registered mobile number. The SMS should as shown below –
“EPFOHO UAN” to 7738299899.
By default, you’ll see the SMS in English. But to see the balance in Hindi, Punjabi, Gujarati, Marathi, Kannada, Telugu, etc. enter the first three characters of the preferred language.
For instance, to receive an SMS in Marathi, SMS “EPFOHO UAN MAR” to 7738299899. The SMS should be sent from the registered mobile number of the UAN account. Upon receiving the SMS, EPFO sends the PF contribution and balance details.
You can check your balance in 10 languages –
- English – Default
- Tamil – TAM
- Punjabi – PUN
- Malayalam – MAL
- Marathi – MAR
- Kannada – KAN
- Telugu – TEL
- Hindi – HIN
- Gujarati – GUJ
- Bengali – BEN
File an Online Claim
Partial withdrawals from the EPF account. There is a limit of 75% of the account balance. So, in case of a financial crisis, you can file a claim online. This facility is available to you if your UAN is activated. To do a withdrawal, check out these steps –
- Visit the EPFO Unified Portal
- Enter your UAN number and password
- Post UAN Login, click on ‘Online Service’
- Select ‘Claim (Form 31, 19, 10C & 10D)’
- Enter your bank account number
- Click on ‘Verify’
- Click on ‘Yes’
- Select your purpose of partial withdrawal
- Enter your address
- Upload your passbook or cheque make sure your name is printed on it
- Click on ‘Generate OTP’
- Enter the received OTP
- Click on ‘Validate OTP’
- Now, an SMS is sent to your registered mobile regarding the claim
- When the claim is approved or declined, you’ll know about the same via SMS
Manage Profile Details
To ensure your EPF account is up to date, do UAN Login and see the profile. If you have changed your email or mobile and the same is not updated on the portal, do that asap. Otherwise, you won’t be able to do a balance check SMS from your mobile.
To update your number or email address if you have changed the same, visit the Unified Member Portal, and log in using your UAN number, password and captcha. Afterward, follow these steps –
- Click on the ‘Manage’ button
- Select ‘Contact Details’
- Select ‘Mobile Number’ or ‘Email’
- Enter your new mobile number twice, do the same for email update
- Click on ‘Get OTP, and enter the OTP
- Click on ‘Validate OTP’.
After that, your contact details will be updated on the Unified Member Portal and you can do a balance check via SMS.
As you can see there is so much you can do with UAN Login. So, if you haven’t activated your UAN, do it right now.