The number of people using carpets for regular wooden floors has sky-rocketed in the past decade. The reason is the royal look that they provide to one’s home. But purchasing an expensive-looking carpet and maintaining one are two different things. Just as in the case of all the flooring materials, carpets come with their own set of challenges. The most prominent is the dirt and mud stains that it can retain over time.
Commercial Carpet Cleaning devices can come in handy in this situation. But which devices are the best for doing these jobs? And you must also be thinking about How Long Does Carpet Take To Dry After Steam Cleaning?
Let’s find out.
Bissell Big Green Professional Carpet Cleaner
The “Big Green,” as some people call it, is a top-of-the-line product from Bissell Inc. The product hosts top-grade motors with an industry-standard brush roll for tackling dirt and stubborn stains. It comes with a two-year warranty from the manufacturer with excellent customer service. Along with the product, you will get three eight oz trial-size bottles of Pro Max Clean, a six-inch Tough stain tool, and a nine-feet-long hose. The manufacturer also claims to donate to Bissell Pet Foundation, its subsidiary, to help rescue and provide a home to homeless pets for every purchase you make.
Rug Doctor Deep Carpet Cleaner
The rug doctor deep carpet cleaner is another powerful tool that you can have at your disposal for deep cleaning. Produced by Rug Doctor, this product comes with many appealing features. It comes equipped with durable double cross-action brushes and powerful suction that delivers on its name. It has an easy-to-steer design with a collapsible structure that can save space for its storage. Utilizing it’s powerful motor and ergonomic design, you can be sure to deep clean your carpet in no time.
ProHeat 2X Revolution Max Clean Pet Pro
Another great product from the much renowned Bissell Inc., the ProHeat 2X Revolution Max Clean Pet Pro, is a powerhouse in the Commercial Carpet Cleaning space. It boasts a Max Clean mode that the company claims to remove even the most notorious stains and dirt marks. Its most exciting feature is the Pet Stain and Odour Removal System, which works to clean your pet’s mess in multiple stages. It also comes with a trial-size bottle of PET PRO OXY Urine Eliminator that eliminates the foul urine smell. The manufacturer also claims to donate to the betterment of homeless animals for every purchase.
Homemade cleaning solutions:
At times one might wear scientist glasses and get on with experimenting. For times like that, let’s learn to make solutions and find ways to clean a carpet sitting at home.
- A robust carpet cleaning solution Thornton: To 1 gallon of water, add 3/4 cup of hydrogen peroxide, 1/4 cup of white vinegar, 2 Tbsp dish soap, 5-10 drops of essential oils, and 2 Tbsp of fabric softener. Use it as any other cleaning solution and keep the look of the carpet as good as new.
- A quick cleaning solution: Mix 1 Tbsp of dish soap and 1/4 Tbsp of white vinegar with a quart of warm water. Wash your carpet in this and revive its looks.
- Bad odor flies away: To 2 Tbsp borax, add ten drops of any essential oil of choice and 2 cups baking soda. This will clean the carpet and the strong smell of baking soda and remove any pet urine’s stinking smell. Also, since animals have a keen sense of smell, they will be less likely to enter the room because of the smell of baking soda.
- Begone old stubborn stains: Sprinkle a 1:1 mixture of baking soda and kosher salt or table salt on any old stain. Using a carpet steamer, damp the mixture. Is a carpet steamer not available? Worry not. Use a cloth steamer from 6-10 inches in height to get the job done. Lastly, use a scrub brush to work deeper into the carpet’s fibers.
- Hello fluffiness: Use ice on more minor impressions left by some furniture. Pat dry with a clean towel or let it stay for some time, and it will dry naturally. Place dampened cotton bath towels and steam iron on medium heat for more extensive impressions. This helps restore the original fluffiness of the carpet and makes it look new.
Cleaning a carpet is no easy job. As good as it might look clean and tidied up, dirty and stained carpet is an eyesore. Fortunately, several excellent products are available in the market to make that expensive carpet of yours look clean and appealing. At the end carpet cleaning might not seem like an important task but cleanliness at all the levels are important especially in the times like these where health should be a priority.
Leave a Reply