No one likes interruptions and especially when you are doing some important work on your PC.
Many of our readers have been complaining about how they are unable to click anything or perform any function on their desktop after the windows 10 or windows 11 updates on PC, laptop and computer, if that’s what you’ve been searching for a solution for then you are at the right a place to resolve this issue.
Today with this comprehensive article we will help you out with how to get back your windows on 10/11 to start functioning properly.
How To Fix Can’t Click Anything on Desktop Windows 10/11 Issue?
The functions may include working on Microsoft work, photoshop, steam, excel, Facebook, or any other websites on a browser or any other software on your windows10/11 desktop, first of all, try to restart the software and see if it rectifies the issue or else some of the quick and easy workarounds have been mentioned below which have been helpful to a majority of people facing a similar issue.
1. Turn Off and Restart Windows Explorer.exe:
One of the most common reasons why you can’t click anything on the Windows10 software desktop is that your windows explorer might have crashed and it’s frozen. That will fail if performing any action including left and right-click and restarting the explorer.exe would solve this issue, hers is what you need to do:
- On the Windows 10/11 desktop screen, press CTRL-SHIFT-ESC keys to bring up the Task Manager.
- Once you open the Task Manager, go to the Details tab by pressing the TAB key until it highlights the first tab – Processes, then press the Right arrow key to switch through the tabs until it takes you to the Details tab.
- Next, press the TAB key repeatedly again until it highlights the processes on the list. Then use the Down or Up Arrow key to navigate through the list of processes to select explorer.exe.
- We need to find the option for this process. Since you are not able to press right-click it, you will have to press the Option key on your keyboard to view the options while explorer.exe is highlighted.
- Next, tap on the Down Arrow key to select End Task, then press Enter key to implement the option.
- This will turn off the explorer.exe process. It’s completely fine to see a black screen now.
- Now, open the Task Manager, and press the ALT key to highlight File from the menu.
- Tap on the Down Arrow key to highlight the Run new task and then press Enter key to choose it.
- Now in the Open field, type explorer.exe and then press the TAB key until it reaches OK. Hit the Enter button to process it.
- This procedure will relaunch your explorer.exe.
Now try to press the right and left keys, if still, the action is unresponsive try the next solution.
2. Check for any software restricting you to perform a certain function:
Sometimes what happens is there might be software that’s running backside and restricting you to perform any actions on the desktop, and you won’t be able to click anything until and unless you close or remove the software.
Check to see if you have recently installed any software such as a macro software, keyboard or a mouse software like Rayzor synapse, hotkey programs, or other software that may have the capability to control how, mouse-clicking works on Windows 10/11.
Try to shut down the software and see if it restores the function.
3. Check your Mouse
Up till now all the solutions that we have been explaining are based on the assumption that your mouse is working on point and functions as let intended.
If there is even any small fault with your mouse then there’s no point in doing or researching for any other complicated solution, all you need to do is switch with a spare mouse or borrow one from your friend and see if the system works fine now.
4. Rollback to a previous date.
If none of the above-mentioned hacks works out for you the only “bhramastra” left to launch is to roll back your Windows 10 or 11 to a previous date.
See also – Why Can’t I Click on Anything on My Windows 10 with My Mouse?
Conclusion: We hope now you will be able to restore and make your software start operating effectively.
Also recommended – https://techbuzzonly.com/voicemail-not-working-on-iphone/
Leave a Reply